Yes you can use the SXFI AMP with PCs or laptops running macOS v10.13 High Sierra or newer.
After you have setup the AMP with your profile using an Android device, follow the steps below for the optimal Super X-Fi experience.
Audio Settings Configuration
For the best experience with Super X-Fi, configure your audio settings in accordance with the number of audio channels in your content.
If you're playing content with 7.1 channel audio, do set your speakers configuration (in Step 5 below) to '7.1 RearSurround'.
If you are playing stereo content, correspondingly set this speakers configuration to 'Stereo'.
Go to Spotlight and type "Audio MIDI Setup"
Click on the "Audio MIDI Setup" app to launch it
Under "Audio Devices", select "Super X-Fi AMP"
Choose the 'Output' tab
Click on the Source "Format" dropdown list
Select '96 kHz 8ch 24-bit Integer' (or 48kHz 8ch 24-bit Integer)
Click on 'Configure Speakers'
Select '7.1 Rear Surround' from the drop-down menu
You'll see the default configuration of speakers shown below.
You'll next need to reconfigure four of the speaker settings via the corresponding drop down lists shown in the next step.
Reconfigure the speaker settings as follows:
- For the "Left surround" speaker, set it to "Side Left"
- For the "Left rear surround" speaker, set it to "Back Left"
- For the "Right surround" speaker, set it to "Side Right"
- For the "Right rear surround" speaker, set it to "Back Right"
You should end up with the settings shown below.
Finally, click on 'Apply'
In your application or game running on the Mac, always do the following where possible:
- Set game audio settings to 5.1 or 7.1 xpeakers instead of Headphone (even though you're using the SXF IAMP with headphones)
- Disable any headphone surround virtualisation
Finally, to set the SXFI AMP as your default sound device:
- Go to "System Preferences", "Sound"
- Under "Sound Effects", select "Super X-Fi AMP" as default
And you're good to go, enjoy your Super X-Fi experience!